You would achieve this by learning on the job alongside experienced engineers and through two level 3 diploma qualifications and two welding qualifications.
We offer a unique programme, demonstrating a mix of advanced manufacturing engineering and Fabrication. You’ll cover the foundations of engineering including Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace, Communications for Engineering Technicians, Mathematics for Engineering Technicians Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials, Mechanical Principles of Engineering Systems, Organisational Efficiency and Improvement, Computer-aided Drafting in Engineering, Mechanical Measurement and Inspection Techniques, Electrical and Electronic Principles in Engineering, Additive Manufacturing Processes, Marking Out Components for Metalwork, Cutting Sheetmetal to Shape using Hand and Machine Tools, Forming Sheetmetal using Hand and Machine Tools, Producing Sheetmetal Assemblies, Developing and Marking Out Templates for Metalwork, Joining Materials by Resistance Spot Welding.
- To update/maintain logbook of work/projects carried out in line with the requirements of the apprenticeship
- To meet at regular intervals with your Team Leader to monitor progress
- To work at all times with due care to the requirements of health and safety relevant to the work being carried out at any time.
- To take stage-by-stage instructions from an experienced technician, in order to complete basic technical tasks independently
- To safely operate basic manual machines and equipment and seeking assistance from more experienced technicians when required
- Salary of £14,000 reviewed annually
- 25 days plus all bank /public holidays rising to 30 days plus all bank /public holidays
- Employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Death in service/life assurance
- Paid time off for voluntary work
- Social Committee; Christmas Parties & Non Christmas related events
- On-site car parking
- Cycle-to-work scheme
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become a Apprentice Manufacturing & Metal Fabrication Engineer then please apply today!