- To support and/or carry out project tasks and priorities under the supervision of the Project Manager or Project Engineer
- To produce CAD design of 3D and 2D drawings, Bill of Materials generation and the relevant revision update management of the aforementioned according to the project design specification
- To design, manufacture (3D print where relevant), source and test of tools and fixtures for associated projects.
- To ensure products are designed with consideration for health and safety, user ergonomics or ease of use, maintenance, cost, transportation, etc
- To liaise with suppliers and subcontractors contributing to the project deliverable
- To raise purchase orders required for associated projects or the Project department
- To support with the assembly and testing of bespoke project machinery, parts and tooling, as well as bought in products or parts for correct functionality and/or dimensional accuracy
- To support the Production and Maintenance departments with regards to production issues, automation and fixture creation
- To provide technical support to the Sales team with technical input, and design solutions and costings under the supervision of the Project Manager or Project Engineer.
- To report on progress of ongoing tasks to the Project Manager.
- To contribute to Zircotec’s programme of continuous improvement.
- Trainee Engineers will initially be responsible for single tasks and project deliverables, all under the supervision of the Project Manager or Project Engineer.
- Development through on-the-job experience under supervision and formal training as per the Project team’s training matrix will progress the Graduate to be able to take responsibility for micro to small size projects.
- Upon successful completion of small projects over an agreed minimum period and with agreement from the Directors, the Graduate can progress to the position of Project Engineer and be able to manage medium to large projects, still under the supervision of the Project Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- BSc or BTEC qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Some experience in using 3D CAD packages and generating 2D drawings for the purpose of manufacture Proactive in initiating action when encountering challenges.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Confidence to communicate within the team and on a technical level
- Able to multitask across various tasks adhering to their respective priority nrequirements
- Teachable attitude
The duties listed are not exhaustive and may be varied from time to time as dictated by the changing needs of the company. The post holder will be expected to undertake other duties as appropriate and as requested by his/her manager
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become a Graduate Engineer then please apply today!