- To coordinate all project elements, including engineering design, manufacturing, testing and product release according to the required specifications, quality, time and budget.
- To regularly present to the Project Lead and stakeholders project status and risks affecting, or potentially able to affect, the project deliverables
- To produce comprehensive engineering designs using CAD and generating clear design documentation including 2D detail drawings, Bill of Materials and work instructions.
- To design, manufacture (3D print where relevant), source and test tools, fixtures for associated projects
- To carry out peer reviews at the designated project gateways
- To carry out project risk assessments for physical works to be carried out
- To ensure products are designed with consideration for health and safety, compliance with applicable standards, ergonomics or ease of use, maintenance, cost, transportation, etc
- To liaise with and, where necessary, manage suppliers, subcontractors and external project partners contributing to the project deliverables
- To raise purchase orders required for associated projects or the project department.
- To assemble and test bespoke project machinery, parts and tooling, as well as bought in products or parts for correct functionality and or dimensional accuracy
- To support the Production and Maintenance departments with regards to production issues, automation and fixture creation
- To carry out engineering analyses, including thermal modelling simulation, and reporting for either project or sales support
- To provide technical support to the Sales team with technical input, design solutions and costings
- To contribute to Zircotec’s programme of continuous improvement
- To support junior staff members in their engineering and project related development
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- BSc or BTEC qualification in Mechanical Engineering (or similar Industrial/ /Automotive Engineering)
- Experience in using 3D CAD packages (SolidWorks preferred) and generating 2D drawings for the purpose of manufacture
- Proactive in initiating action when encountering challenges
- The ability to work both independently and in a team
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Confident communication on a technical level
- Adept at multitasking and managing priorities
- Salary of £45,000-£55,000 reviewed annually
- 25 days plus all bank /public holidays rising to 30 days plus all bank /public holidays
- Employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Death in service/life assurance
- Paid time off for voluntary work
- Social Committee; Christmas Parties & Non Christmas related events
- On-site car parking
- Cycle-to-work scheme
The duties listed are not exhaustive and may be varied from time to time as dictated by the changing needs of the company. The post holder will be expected to undertake other duties as appropriate and as requested by their manager.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become a Mechanical Engineer then please apply today!