Formable Ceramic Heat Shield
ZircoFlex® FORM is a rigid, thin embossed stainless steel, patented heat shield material, coated on both sides with Zircotec’s proven ThermoHold® ceramic coating. ZircoFlex® FORM is supplied as a flat panel for customers to form in-house. The material is capable for use as a direct contact or offset heat shield.
ZircoFlex FORM delivers a compelling mix of strength, weight, structure and heat resistance. The yellow gold finish on one side increases heat reflectivity, whilst our metallic black ceramic coating acts as a thermal barrier on the other.
- Heat transfer reduction of up to ~85%
- Effective protection of engine bay components, bodywork and vulnerable electrics from engine & exhaust heat
- Protection against heat sources of up to 1,200°C
- Extremely lightweight & thin
- Reduced in-cabin heat soak
- Structural heat shield that can be formed into bespoke shapes to suit your application
- Ease of fitment line-side
- Ready to use, ideal for testing and prototyping purposes
- Core of embossed (type 304) stainless steel sandwich between two layers of Zircotec’s proprietary ThermoHold® based ceramic thermal barrier material.
- Material thickness: 0.8mm thick.
- Product thickness: 1.6mm thick.
- Weight: 2.9Kg/m2
- Thermal conductivity: ~0.3 W/mº K at 200ºC 1
- Temperature ceiling: Tested to 900ºC (hot side temperature).
1 Tests based on guarded hot plate method in accordance with BS874 Pt 2 (1986)