Zircotec work with each client to specify and design ZircoFlex® SHIELD solutions to meet the goals of each application. Our extensive experience and expertise in this field allows us to specify materials from a range of fibre and Microporous insulation cores along with metallic encapsulations to meet thermal performance, durability, and budgetary requirements.
ZircoFlex® SHIELD Heat Shielding solutions are manufactured and categorised as either
Integral, Lagged, or Wrapped
Where cores are applied directly onto components and encapsulated with an outer metallic skin, such as primary exhaust pipes.
Detachable, Removable or Clam Shell
Allowing application and removal to the component, secondary exhaust pipes or turbo jackets insulations are a good example of this solution.
Offset Heat Shields
Manufactured with or without an insulation core providing temperature reductions where space envelopes and air movement allow the shield to be offset to the heat source.
Zircotec cater for single units, low volume, and serial production projects. Our high-quality solutions can be provided on a fast turnaround basis supported by rapid prototype tooling or completely hand built by our skilled fabricators, along with harder facing tooling solutions for series production.
ZircoFlex SHIELD + Coating
Zircotec also increase the performance of these solutions over traditional insulation systems with the addition of our patented Zircotec thermal barrier coating. Our coating can support insulation core removal or reduced thickness to aid tighter packaging along with added protection to areas where an insulation system cannot be employed such as the exhaust flange / primary area. In testing scenarios, the addition of our patented thermal barrier coating offers a significant performance benefit, weight saving, and packaging space reductions. ZircoFlex® SHIELD Bespoke Heat Shields and Coatings have many benefits and advantages in application as outlined below:
- Heat Reduction to localised engine bay environment.
- Cooler fluid hydraulic and water temperatures for improved performance.
- Cooler engine air inlet charge temperatures for increased and consistent efficiency.
- Heat protection to surrounding components in proximity whilst aiding operation and reliability.
- Allow use lower temperature resilient materials close to heat sources.
- Safer cool side maintenance.
Reduced Fire Risks
- Contact ignition sources in ATEX and Agricultural use.
- Over temperature faults igniting surrounding fluid-soaked components.
- No fire risk from oil / fluid contaminated material such as budget exhaust wraps.
Heat / Energy Retention
- Exhaust gas temperatures are higher improving emissions and operation of emissions control systems.
- Exhaust gas temperatures are higher and retain more energy / increased gas flow with benefits to engine performance.
Cabin Heat Reduction
- Remove discomfort and aid driver endurance and concentration.
- Reduced loads on air conditioning systems.
- Potential burn point issues removed for material and drivers.