ZircoFlex® GOLD is a high performance heatshield material offering exceptional levels of protection against both radiant and conductive heat in a single easy to use product.
ZircoFlex® GOLD is a gold backed aluminium foil that provides maximum levels of heat reflectivity that is:
- Gold Backed – Delivering 98% heat reflectivity.
- Flexible – Easily manipulated to suit different geometries, and can be folded tightly through 180 without damaging the thermal barrier.
- Lightweight – Weighing only 0.56kg/m2
- Extremely thin – 0.35mm overall, needing minimal space for installation.
- Easily Cut – And easily installed by hand or machine.
- Easily Fixed in Place – Using mechanical fasteners or high temperature adhesives (supplied seperately by Zircotec).
- Highly Effective Thermal Barrier – The ceramic pattern on ZircoFlex® creates excellent proven thermal barriers. Using the standard BSI heat shield test, ZircoFlex® GOLD is comparable to standard ZircoFlex® I, reducing temperatures by ∼64%. This ensures minimal heat transfer and high levels of protection of the underlying component.
- Highly Reflective to Radiant Heat – ZircoFlex® GOLD is highly reflective of infra-red radiation with results better than 98% reflectivity recorded at >600nm. Provides excellent thermal protection from radiant heat.
- Ultra Lightweight – ZircoFlex® GOLD weighs ∼560g/m² therefore adding minimal weight, with virtually no effect on the cars weight balance.
- Thin and Flexible – ZircoFlex® GOLD is 0.35mm thick and is easily bent and folded to shape.
- Attractive Finish – A bright gold finish that is highly visible within the engine compartment, allowing ease of inspection.
- Easy to Shape – Can be cut to shape with as simple a tool as scissors, with no further tools required for application. Easily used within the pit garage or at home.
*Bespoke sizes are available upon request.
ZircoFlex I GOLD
- Up to 64% Heat Reduction
ZircoFlex II GOLD
- Up to 77% Heat Reduction
ZircoFlex III GOLD
- Up to 85% Heat Reduction
- Protection of engine bay components from engine and exhaust heat.
- Bodywork protection, e.g. The protection of carbon composite materials from radiant heat damage.
- Reduction of heat soak through footwells, bulkheads, etc.
- Insulation of air intake systems. Reducing heat soak thereby minimising air intake temperatures for maximum engine performance.