The issues substrates face in this industry includes:
- Harsh Chemicals
- Seizure of Componentry (often in titanium alloys)
- Wear protection of seal faces and valve surfaces
We even have coating treatments to electrically insulate surfaces, this is often the most effective way to reduce galvanic corrosion, including on surfaces in contact with titanium. Our industry leading surface treatment solutions will help ensure safety and reliability in your oil and gas application.
Typical applications for the oil & gas industries include:
- Wear resistant coatings, including hard chrome, thermally sprayed coatings and electroless nickel.
- Anti-corrosion coatings, including anodic treatments for lightweight alloys of aluminium, titanium and magnesium.
- Anti-fretting coatings for splines and couplings such as thermal sprays.
- Low friction coatings for sliding situations, including drill coring, like electroless nickel and anodic polymer composites.
- Anti-galling coatings such as electroless nickel polymer composites.